This program is open to qualified high school seniors and adult students who meet the following program requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (adult students only).*
- High School students must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA. Students may take the READING and MATH exam in lieu of meeting the GPA requirement.
- Take and pass a urine drug screen.
- If 18 or older, complete and pass a federal criminal background check.**
- Complete the Davis Tech Placement Assessment as noted below.
- Be current on all immunizations: MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Tdap, Influenza, and have a negative tuberculin skin test.
*A high school diploma or equivalent is required to register for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam (PTCE) or the Examination for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT). Cannot be certified until 18 years old.
**Any misdemeanor or felony conviction on record may negatively impact your chances of being accepted into the program, being placed on an externship site, obtaining a Pharmacy Technician professional license and obtaining employment in a healthcare setting. If you have a felony conviction within the last five years or any type of drug conviction, you will not be accepted into the program, nor will you be eligible to obtain a Pharmacy Technician license.
If you have questions regarding the admission requirements, program, or application process, please contact the Health Professions Advisor at 801-593-2362.
Other critical program information can be found here.
Placement Assessment Requirements
Transcripts for prior academic learning or assessments (such as college or high school), may waive some or all of the admission requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable in most cases. You may upload documentation in your application under the Assessment section.
- READING REQUIREMENTS
Accuplacer Next Generation Reading Score: 250 - 300
- MATH REQUIREMENTS
Accuplacer Next Generation Math (Arithmetic) Score: 237 - 300
- PREPARATION AND STUDY
Sample Questions for the Accuplacer Math and Reading Assessments can be found here:
- Next Generation Accuplacer MATH (Arithmetic)
- Next Generation Accuplacer READING
- High school students do not need to complete placement assessments unless specifically required by the program
- Placement testing , except keyboarding, is waived for students with a Davis Tech Certificate of Completion at an equivalent level or higher, or an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college.
Certifications & Credentials
Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
The following academic agreements are available to students in the Pharmacy Technician program. In order to receive credit for course work included in these agreements, you must provide a transcript to the receiving institution.
Please be aware that some agreements require you to complete the entire program before they will transfer credit. Please contact your instructor at Davis Tech if you have questions.
This program is eligible to transfer credits towards an AAS degree to the following institutions:
93% PTCB Exam Pass Rate
100% Licensure Rate
- FT Jordanne Thomas – Lead Faculty
- Bachelor's degree from Weber State University
- FT Codi Frederiksen
- Certificate from Granite Technical Institute
- FT Talana Kristensen
- Certificate from Ogden-Weber Applied Technology
- PT Makenna Mitchell
- Bachelor's degree from Brigham Young University
- PT Matt Robinson
- Certificate from Davis Technical College
*NOTE: Textbook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identity.
**High School Students: High school students are exempt from student tuition and fees. While high school students are not required to purchase textbooks, they are required to purchase personal and consumable learning resources and materials.