Secondary and post-secondary students may enroll in the Medical Assistant program. Students must meet the following program requirements:
- If currently enrolled in high school, must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA. Adult students must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Students must be at least 17 years old to enroll into the Medical Assistant program, however, they must be 18 years old to begin their clinical rotations which take place at the end of the program.
- Complete assessment requirements as noted below:
Students accepted into the Medical Assistant program, must meet the following post-admission requirements:
- Provide documentation of all required vaccinations
- Take and pass two separate drug screens: once prior to enrollment into the program and a second drug screen prior to starting their clinical rotation.
- Complete and pass a federal criminal background check *
* Any misdemeanor or felony conviction on record may negatively impact the chances of completing the program, being placed on an externship site, applying for the Certified Medical Assistant credential and obtaining employment in a health care setting.
Please see your instructors for more information about any of these requirements or critical program information.
Placement Assessment Requirements (Download/Print Assessment Requirements)
Transcripts for prior academic learning or assessments (such as college or high school), may waive some or all of the admission requirements. Copies should be provided to the Assessment Center. Refer to page 2 of the program Admissions Requirements to see if you qualify. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable in most cases. Once you have paid your application fee, you may email your transcripts to the Assessment Center for review or bring them with you when you are ready to enroll in a program.
- READING REQUIREMENTS
- Accuplacer Next Generation Reading Score: 245 - 300
- MATH REQUIREMENTS
- Accuplacer Next Generation Math (Arithmetic) Score: 236 - 300
Certifications & Credentials
Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- RMA (AMT) American Medical Technologist
Utah State Board of Education CTE Skill Certificate (High School Students Only)
- Medical Assistant: Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Assistant: Clinical and Lab Procedures
- Medical Assistant: Medical Office Management
- Medical Assistant: Medical Terminology
The following academic agreements are available to students in the Medical Assistant program. In order to receive credit for course work included in these agreements, you must provide a transcript to the receiving institution.
Please be aware that some agreements require you to complete the entire program before they will transfer credit. Please contact your instructor at Davis Tech if you have questions.
This program is eligible to transfer credits towards an AAS degree to the following institutions:
- Weber State University
- Utah State University
- Southern Utah University
- Utah Valley University
- Ensign Business College
- Dixie State University
72.49% Retention Rate 2019
- FT Dee Weaver – Lead Faculty
- CMA (AAMA); M.Ed from University of Phoenix
- FT Maricatherine Wilcox
- CMA (AAMA); Associate Degree from Utah State University
- FT Talya Cameron
- PT KieryAuna Merkley
- CMA (AAMA); Associate degree from Weber State University
- PT LaVon Jackson
- CMA (AAMA) from Davis Technical College
- PT Lexi Trujillo
- NCMA (NCCT); Master's degree from Western Governors University
*NOTE: Textbook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identity.
**High School Students: High school students are exempt from student tuition and fees. While high school students are not required to purchase textbooks, they are required to purchase personal and consumable learning resources and materials.