This program is open to qualified high school and adult students who meet the following program requirements:
- ADULT STUDENTS: Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: Must be at least 16 years of age AND be in 11th or 12th grade
- Pass Davis Tech program Complete the Davis Tech Placement Assessments
Many programs have guidelines, checklists, and post-admissions requirements: Critical Program Information.
Placement Assessment Requirements
Transcripts for prior academic learning or assessments (such as college or high school), may waive some or all of the admission requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable in most cases. You may upload documentation in your application under the Assessment section.
- READING REQUIREMENTS
Accuplacer Next Generation Reading Score: 237 - 300
- MATH REQUIREMENTS
- — No Math Assessments for this program —
- PREPARATION AND STUDY
Sample Questions for the Accuplacer Math and Reading Assessments can be found here:
- Next Generation Accuplacer READING
- High school students do not need to complete placement assessments unless specifically required by the program
- Placement testing is waived for students with a Davis Tech Certificate of Completion at an equivalent level or higher, or an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college.
Certifications & Credentials
Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- Nail Technician License (State of Utah)
The following academic agreements are available to students in the Nail Technician program. In order to receive credit for course work included in these agreements, you must provide a transcript to the receiving institution.
Please be aware that some agreements require you to complete the entire program before they will transfer credit. Please contact your instructor at Davis Tech if you have questions.
This program is eligible to transfer credits towards an AAS degree to the following institutions:
100% Licensure Rate
- FT Janet Lee – Lead Faculty
- Associate's Degree from The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
- FT Whitney White
- PT Aubrey Felix
- Certificate from Davis Technical College
- PT Barb Chapman
- PT Cindee Bennett
*NOTE: Textbook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identity.
**High School Students: High school students are exempt from student tuition and fees. While high school students are not required to purchase textbooks, they are required to purchase personal and consumable learning resources and materials.