The National Technical Honor Society is the acknowledged leader in the recognition of outstanding student achievement in career and technical education.
Thousands of schools and colleges throughout the U.S. and its territories have a chapter of the honor society on their campus. These member schools agree that NTHS encourages higher scholastic achievement, cultivates a desire for personal excellence, and helps top students find success in today's highly competitive workplace.
More simply put, it is something you can put on your resume that says you are amazing! Additionally, it is a great way to network with other students in the school and to become an active member in the community.
NTHS is Committed to
- Providing the highest quality recognition for outstanding students in career and technical education.
- Supplying excellent services to our diverse and multi-cultural membership and member schools.
- Providing scholarship opportunities for its members.
- Creating new and emerging relationships between the educational community and business and industry.
- Being a flexible organization on the leading edge of technology and constantly responding to change.
- Maintaining financial responsibility to meet our increasing needs.
- Sustaining growth, innovation and continuous improvement based upon ongoing evaluation.
Student Membership Benefits
- Membership is an important career and professional investment recognized by education, business and industry.
- NTHS scholarships, a big advantage for NTHS members exclusively.
- Members receive:
- Membership certificate
- Presentation folder
- NTHS Pin
- ID card
- Graduation tassel - other regalia and items can be purchased here
- Official NTHS seal to be applied to the member’s diploma or training certificate.
- Personal letters of recommendation for employment, college admission and scholarships provided by NTHS National Headquarters.
SkillsUSA competitions are a long-standing tradition of excellence at Davis Tech. Not only do our students excel at the regional and state levels across several categories, the Davis Tech chapter of SkillsUSA also sends state winners every year to the national competition in Louisville, Kentucky.
Whether you compete at the regional, state, or national level, you’ll gain valuable experience and build your resume as you put your skills into practice. Entering the competition offers opportunities for recognition, prizes, scholarships, industry connections, and friendships with technical education students from all over the country.
“These competitions are a great opportunity for students to excel in their trades and show what they’ve learned,” says Davis Tech Plumbing Apprentice instructor Bryce Chapman.
For more information about SkillsUSA competitions, visit skillsusa.org, or talk to your instructor today.
HOSA is a global student-led organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Department of Health and Human Services and several federal and state agencies. HOSA’s mission is to empower HOSA-Future Health Professionals to become leaders in the global health community, through education, collaboration, and experience. HOSA actively promotes career opportunities in the health industry and to enhance the delivery of quality health care to all people.