All students at Davis Technical College receive at least two (2) accounts after enrolling: a Canvas Account, and a Davis Tech Account. Each account is used for several services that share a login, but the accounts are distinct from each other. This means if you reset the password on one account it will change the password for all services within that account, but it will not affect the other account. For instance, if you change your Davis Tech account password using Password Manager, it will also change your Wi-Fi and computer login password but will not change your Canvas or Student Portal password. Please refer to the list below to determine which services use which account.
Important: Please go to Password Manager and set up your security questions as soon as possible. This self-service utility can be used anywhere should you forget your Davis Tech account password without the need to contact your instructor or IT Services.
CANVAS ACCOUNT | Created during enrollment
DAVIS TECH ACCOUNT | Created automatically before your first day
- Sign-in to campus computers
- Eduroam Wi-Fi access
- Microsoft Office license (consists of the entire Office 365 Suite, including an Outlook Email, and 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage)
- Adobe Creative Cloud license
- CAE LearningSpace
- VMware Horizon
- Password Manager (easily change your Davis Tech Account password. This does not affect your Canvas Account password)
For assistance with either these accounts or any of their services contact your instructor.
- Password Resets
- Sign-in to Eduroam Wi-Fi
- Install Microsof Office
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Sign in to CAE LearningSpace
- Using VMware Horizon
- Set up Password Manager
Sign-in to Eduroam Wi-Fi
Eduroam is the Wi-Fi option accessible to all Davis Tech students and can be freely used at other educational institutions.
- Open your device’s network settings and select EDUROAM from the list of Wi-Fi connections
- Enter your Davis Tech Account credentials (i.e., YourStudentNumber@davistech.edu)
- On Android and Chromebook devices configure the following:
- EAP Method = PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication = MSCHAPV2
- CA Certificate = Do Not Validate
- Enter 'davistech.edu' as the domain
- Leave Anonymous identity blank
Install Microsoft Office
With a student Davis Tech account, you can access the entire Office Suite online and install it on personal devices.
- Go to Office.com
- Select 'Sign in' and enter your Davis Tech account credentials
- Access all applications and saved files online, or install on your device by selecting 'Install Office' at the top right
- After installation you may need to enter your credentials again to license the software
Adobe Creative Cloud
- Go to Adobe.com
- Select 'Sign In' and enter your Davis Tech account credentials
- Select 'Open Creative Cloud' under the welcome message
- On the right under 'Resources' Select 'Install Creative Cloud App'
- Use the Creative Cloud App to install any available apps
Sign in to CAE LearningSpace
If you are enrolled in the Nursing program LearningSpace allows you and your instructor to review video recordings of activities in the Simulation Lab. For additional instructions, contact your instructor.
- Go to LearningSpace.davistech.edu
- Enter your Davis Tech account credentials (omit '@davistech.edu' and only enter your student number for the User ID)
- After authenticating you can review your videos that your instructor has assigned to you
If you fail to authenticate three (3) times you will be locked out on that computer and will need to either try on another device or wait 30 minutes for it to unlock.
Using VMware Horizon
Horizon is a virtualized environment that allows students of select programs to access software and resources from anywhere on any device as if they were using a computer in the classroom. It is accessible from an internet browser, or with the installable desktop client. If you need access to Horizon, contact your instructor.
- Go to Horizon.davistech.edu
- Enter your Davis Tech account credentials (YourStudentNumber@davistech.edu) and Login
- To install the client instead, click on 'Download the Horizon Client' link below and install the client for your platform. When installing use the link in step 1 for the server address and log in with your same credentials
- Select your desktop and wait for it to log you in
- Log out of the Windows virtual machine when you are finished
Warning: Horizon does not save your work so be sure to save it elsewhere such as your OneDrive before logging out.
Set up Password Manager
This self-service utility can be used anywhere should you forget your Davis Tech account password without the need to contact your instructor or IT Services. You will need to set up your security questions first.
- Go to PasswordManager.davistech.edu
- Enter your Davis Tech account credentials (omit '@davistech.edu' and only enter your student number for the Username), check the reCAPTCHA box, and Sign in
- Set up your security questions and confirm
Once logged in you can change your password or security questions; and if you forget your password, you can click the 'Forgotten Password' link on the login page to change it.