At the Davis Tech Assessment Center, our goal is to assist students to succeed in their choice of academic studies. We provide a variety of assessment and testing services available to both Davis Technical College students and non-students in addition to test proctoring for students from other universities, colleges and employers.
- New Student Enrollment, and CNA Knowledge exams: Pre-scheduling is preferred, but walk-ins are accepted during hours noted below.
- All other exams must be pre-scheduled using the contact information below.
We are located inside Student Services in the Main Campus building. The closest parking lot is P3 located on the east side of campus.
- 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Last tester admitted: 5:00 PM
- 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Last tester admitted: 2:30pm
- 7:30am - 1:00pm*
- 2:00pm - 7:00pm
- Last tester admitted: 5:00pm
- 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Last tester admitted: 2:30pm
- 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- Last tester admitted: Contact Assessment Center to verify.
- *Assessment Center is closed Wednesdays, between 1-2pm for a department meeting
- **Testing is reserved for new students (admissions) or current Davis Tech students.
- Please contact the Assessment Center at 801-593-2210 to make an appointment. Appointments are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Walk-in testing is on a limited availability basis and dependent upon exam type and length.
- NOTE: Closed on Public Holidays
To enroll in a program at Davis Technical College program, students must meet designated Program Admissions Requirements.
The Davis Technical College uses the Next Generation Accuplacer MATH (Arithmetic) and READING assessments for Program Admissions. Depending on your program admission requirements, you may be required to complete one or both of these assessments.
The MATH assessment includes Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentages, Decimals and Whole Numbers.
Assessment fees are covered within the $45 Davis Tech Application fee.
SUMMARY OF THE ACCUPLACER ASSESSMENTS
- Adaptive, college-ready online assessments
- 20 multiple-choice questions
- Untimed (most people take approximately 40 minutes to complete each test)
- Calculators are not allowed on the math assessment (scratch paper will be provided)
- You will receive your results after the assessments
- NOTE: There is no pass/fail. These assessments simply provide us with a benchmark of where a student is at.
In addition, some programs require a Typing test (min. 30 w.p.m.). Typing.com is a great online practice guide and looks very similar to the test.
Transcripts for prior academic learning or assessments (such as college or high school), may waive some or all of the admission requirements. Copies should be provided to the Assessment Center. Refer to page 2 of the program Admissions Requirements to see if you qualify. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable in most cases. You may e-mail these to the Assessment Center for review or bring them with you.
PREPARATION AND STUDY
Sample Questions for the Accuplacer Math and Reading Assessments can be found here:
Handouts are also available in the Assessment Center. Please take some time to study the sample questions to help you prepare. This will help you feel less nervous when you take the assessments and increase your success.
When you are ready to take the Assessments, come into the Assessment Center during regular Assessment hours. Remember to bring photo ID.
The Assessment Center is located inside Student Services in the main building. MAP
- Valid picture ID is required for all tests
- Children are not permitted in the assessment area or left unattended at Davis Tech
- Cell phones or electronic devices are not permitted in the assessment area
- All personal items or belongings will be stored in either in a locker or cubby during testing
Lockers and cubbies are available to store personal items during your test. We ask that you keep personal items to a minimum.
- CNA Nurse Assistant Certification Written & Skills
- Crane Operator
- General Education Development (GED)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 2013 Certifications
- PSI (formerly LaserGrade)
- Pearson VUE
- Rocky Mountain Gas Association (RMGA)
- Police Officer Selection Test (POST)
- Type and Ten Key Certifications
If you have a question regarding a particular certification or a test, please contact us.
Other Tests and Certifications
We are pleased to provide proctoring services to meet your educational needs. We are able to proctor many different types of tests and exams including paper/pencil and computer.
Please review the Proctor Request Information. Either the student or the educational institution can make the request following the instructions detailed in the Proctor Request Information. If you have any specific questions that are not detailed within this form, you may contact us at 801-593-2210, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. A $25.00 proctoring fee, per test, is required at the time of testing.