This program is open to qualified adult students. In addition, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (adult students only).
- High School students must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA. Students may take the READING and MATH exam in lieu of meeting the GPA requirement
- High school students must be in second semester of their senior year and be 18 years old on or before March 1st of current school year
- Contact/Meet Health Programs Advisor
- Complete the Davis Tech Placement Assessments
- Complete a Program Application and be accepted into the Surgical Technology Program.
If you have questions regarding the admission requirements, program, or application process, please contact the Health Professions Advisor at 801-593-2362.
Students accepted into the Surgical Technology Program, must meet the following requirements:
- Take and pass a urine drug screen
- Complete and pass a federal criminal background check
- Complete a physical exam performed by a physician and provide documentation
- Documentation of all required vaccinations
- Documentation of current CPR certification
Placement Assessment Requirements
Transcripts for prior academic learning or assessments (such as college or high school), may waive some or all of the admission requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable in most cases. You may upload documentation in your application under the Assessment section.
- READING REQUIREMENTS
Accuplacer Next Generation Reading Score: 250 - 300
- MATH REQUIREMENTS
Accuplacer Next Generation Math (Arithmetic) Score: 237 - 300
- PREPARATION AND STUDY
Sample Questions for the Accuplacer Math and Reading Assessments can be found here:
- Next Generation Accuplacer MATH (Arithmetic)
- Next Generation Accuplacer READING
- High school students do not need to complete placement assessments unless specifically required by the program
- Placement testing is waived for students with a Davis Tech Certificate of Completion at an equivalent level or higher, or an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college.
Certifications & Credentials
Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- Tech in Surgery - TS-C (NCCT)
The following academic agreements are available to students in the Surgical Technology program. In order to receive credit for course work included in these agreements, you must provide a transcript to the receiving institution.
Please be aware that some agreements require you to complete the entire program before they will transfer credit. Please contact your instructor at Davis Tech if you have questions.
This program is eligible to transfer credits towards an AAS degree to the following institutions:
- Weber State University
- Utah State University
- Southern Utah University
- Utah Valley University
- Ensign Business College
- Utah Tech University
100% Tech in Surgery Certified (TS-C) Pass Rate
- FT Leah Garrick – Lead Faculty
- CST; Associate degree from Utah State University
- FT Nikki Peterson
- CST; Certificate from Davis Technical College
- PT Lexie Barker
- CST; Associate degree from Weber State University
- PT Mikeling Yu
- Certificate from Davis Technical College
- PT Stephanie Arquette
- CST; Bachelor's degree from University of Nevada
*NOTE: Textbook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identity.
**High School Students: High school students are exempt from student tuition and fees. While high school students are not required to purchase textbooks, they are required to purchase personal and consumable learning resources and materials.