BECOME THE STUDENT OF THE YEAR FOR 2024!
How would you like to represent your program and Davis Tech while winning scholarships and cash prizes? Scholarships and cash awards for six finalists! One student of the year will be awarded on December 8.
To apply, complete the application, share your story (in a two-page essay or three to five-minute video), and attach a 5x7 picture. Your story should explain:
- Why you enrolled at Davis Tech
- How technical education will improve your life
- Why you should be selected as the Davis Tech Student of the Year
You should also mention any awards or recognition you have received. Student Ambassadors, and National Technical Honor Society, SkillsUSA, HOSA members, and other award-winning students are encouraged to apply.
You must be a current student or 2023 Davis Tech graduate to apply. You can also be enrolled concurrently as a high school student.
$1,000 Scholarship, $1,500 Cash Award
$750 Scholarship, $1000 Cash Award
$500 Scholarships, $600 Cash Award
- Students must have been in a program for at least three (3) months before they apply
- Students who are Ambassadors, National Technical Honor Society members, and regional, state, or national SkillsUSA or HOSA medalists are encouraged to apply
- Students must fill out an official application form and include the Instructors' Endorsement Form (last page of the application)
- Students must be in good standing with the college
- Application period is open October 1 - October 17. Students must have been in a program for at least three (3) months before they apply
- Students must a submit an official application.
- Students must include a two-page essay (pdf) or submit a three- to five-minute video (max 1GB) on the subject: "Why I enrolled at Davis Technical College, how technical education will improve my life, and why I should be selected as the Davis Tech Student of the Year"
- Students must include a 5x7 photo of yourself
- Applicants must sign an agreement that will outline their duties as the campus Student of the Year if selected
- Oct 1 - Oct 17 | Applications Accepted
- Oct 18 - 26 | Applications are reviewed, each school submits 3 candidates
- Oct 27 | Each school selects SOTY finalist
- Nov 6 | Connect finalists to coaches
- Nov 15-16 | Executive Team Interviews & Presentations
- December 8 | Luncheon & Announcements