This program is open to all high school students 16 years of age and older, and all adults who have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Placement Assessment Requirements (Download/Print Assessment Requirements)
Transcripts for prior academic learning or assessments (such as college or high school), may waive some or all of the admission requirements. Copies should be provided to the Assessment Center. Refer to page 2 of the program Admissions Requirements to see if you qualify. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable in most cases. Once you have paid your application fee, you may e-mail your transcripts to the Assessment Center for review or bring them with you when you are ready to enroll in a program.
- READING REQUIREMENTS
- Accuplacer Next Generation Reading Score: 237 - 300
- MATH REQUIREMENTS
- Accuplacer Next Generation Math (Arithmetic) Score: 250 - 300
- Operating Systems and Email
- High school students must pass Digital Literacy or Exploring Computer Science (ECS) course before admission
Certifications & Credentials
Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- CompTIA A+ Essentials 2019 (Exam 220-1001)
- CompTIA A+ Practical Application 2019 (Exam 220-1002)
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals FC0-U61
- MTA Network Fundamentals (Exam 98-366)
Utah State Board of Education CTE Skill Certificate (High School Students Only)
- Computer Programming 1A
- Web Development 1A
The following academic agreements are available to students in the Information Technology program. In order to receive credit for course work included in these agreements, you must provide a transcript to the receiving institution.
Please be aware that some agreements require you to complete the entire program before they will transfer credit. Please contact your instructor at Davis Tech if you have questions.
This program is eligible to transfer credits towards an AAS degree to the following institutions:
- Weber State University
- Western Governors University
*NOTE: Textbook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identity.
**High School Students: High school students are exempt from student tuition and fees. While high school students are not required to purchase textbooks, they are required to purchase personal and consumable learning resources and materials.