This program is open to qualified high school and adult students. In addition, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (adult students only).
- Complete the Davis Tech program admissions assessments as noted below
- Hold a current, valid driver's license
Placement Assessment Requirements (Download/Print Assessment Requirements)
Transcripts for prior academic learning or assessments (such as college or high school), may waive some or all of the admission requirements. Copies should be provided to the Assessment Center. Refer to page 2 of the program Admissions Requirements to see if you qualify. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable in most cases. Once you have paid your application fee, you may e-mail your transcripts to the Assessment Center for review or bring them with you when you are ready to enroll in a program.
- READING REQUIREMENTS
- Accuplacer Next Generation Reading Score: 237 - 300
- MATH REQUIREMENTS
- Accuplacer Next Generation Math (Arithmetic) Score: 236 - 300
Certifications & Credentials
Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- ASE Automobile and Light Truck Certificate: A1 Engine Repair
- ASE Automobile and Light Truck Certificate: A2 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
- ASE Automobile and Light Truck Certificate: A3 Manual Drive Train & Axles
- ASE Automobile and Light Truck Certificate: A4 Suspension & Steering
- ASE Automobile and Light Truck Certificate: A5 Auto Brakes
- ASE Automobile and Light Truck Certificate: A6 Electrical/Electronic Systems
- ASE Automobile and Light Truck Certificate: A7 Heating and Air Conditioning
- ASE Automobile and Light Truck Certificate: A8 Engine Performance
- Mobile Air Conditioning Society Section 609
Utah State Board of Education CTE Skill Certificate (High School Students Only)
- Introduction to Automotive
The following academic agreements are available to students in the Automotive Technology program. In order to receive credit for course work included in these agreements, you must provide a transcript to the receiving institution.
Please be aware that some agreements require you to complete the entire program before they will transfer credit. Please contact your instructor at Davis Tech if you have questions.
This program is eligible to transfer credits towards an AAS degree to the following institutions:
- Weber State University
- Utah State University
- Southern Utah University
- Utah Valley University
- Ensign Business College
- Dixie State University
- John Riley – Lead Faculty
- BS, ASE Master Automobile Technician, ASE Maintenance and Light Repair Technician from Weber State University
*NOTE: Textbook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identity.
**High School Students: High school students are exempt from student tuition and fees. While high school students are not required to purchase textbooks, they are required to purchase personal and consumable learning resources and materials.