This program is open to qualified high school and adult students who meet the following program requirements:
- ADULT STUDENTS: Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: Must be at least 16 years of age AND be in 11th or 12th grade
- Complete program placement assessments as noted below.
Placement Assessment Requirements
Transcripts for prior academic learning or assessments (such as college or high school), may waive some or all of the admission requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable in most cases. You may upload documentation in your application under the Assessment section.
- READING REQUIREMENTS
Accuplacer Next Generation Reading Score: 237 - 300
- MATH REQUIREMENTS
Accuplacer Next Generation Math (Arithmetic) Score: 250 - 300
- Computer Literacy Exam
The Architectural and Engineering Design exam evaluates maneuvering the Windows environment. Topics tested are exploring the Windows desktop, taskbar, and start menu; opening/closing applications; using File Explorer; methods of copying/pasting; screenshots/snipping tool; URL definition; and utilizing the search bar.
Certifications & Credentials
Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
NOTE: Training is provided for these licensing/certifications, however, these exams are not proctored in the Assessment Center on campus.
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Autodesk Inventor
- Autodesk Revit
- Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA)
Utah State Board of Education CTE Skill Certificate (High School Students Only)
- CAD Architectural Design 1
- CAD Architectural Design 2
- CAD Architectural Design 3
- CAD Mechanical Design 1
- CAD Mechanical Design 2
- CAD Mechanical Design 3
The following academic agreements are available to students in the Architectural and Engineering Design program. In order to receive credit for course work included in these agreements, you must provide a transcript to the receiving institution.
Please be aware that some agreements require you to complete the entire program before they will transfer credit. Please contact your instructor at Davis Tech if you have questions.
This program is eligible to transfer credits towards an AAS degree to the following institutions:
- Weber State University
- Utah State University
- Southern Utah University
- Utah Valley University
- Ensign Business College
- Salt Lake Community College
- Utah Tech University
- FT Tara Terry – Lead Faculty
- Master's Degree from Purdue University
- FT Jeremiah Robinson
- Bachelor's degree from Weber State University
- PT Chris Thompson
- Associate degree from Salt Lake Community College
- PT David Zimmerman
- Master's degree from University of Utah
- PT Nolan Strebel
- Associate degree from Weber State University
*NOTE: Textbook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identity.
**High School Students: High school students are exempt from student tuition and fees. While high school students are not required to purchase textbooks, they are required to purchase personal and consumable learning resources and materials.