School of Business & IT
School of Construction
School of Health Professions
School of Manufacturing
School of Service Professions
School of Transportation
Request a Tour!
The Hair Designer program prepares students to enter the world of hair design by teaching the required skills for success in a competitive industry. Students will develop communication skills, professional behavior, and the core skills of working in or building a salon business. Hair designer job duties include hair care services such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, styling hair, chemical texture and massaging and treating the scalp. Students will work with salon guests in a modern, well-equipped salon and will perform these skills with the newest techniques, products and equipment in the industry. At the end of the program, students will be qualified to take the Utah State Hair Designer licensure exam.
Adult College Admission Fee
Annual High School Student Fee
Student Tuition and Fees
High school students are exempt from Student Tuition and Fees
Estimated Books and Materials *
While high school students are not required to purchase textbooks, they are required to purchase personal and consumable learning resources and materials
Certificate Processing Fee
Paid upon program completion
* NOTE: Textbook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identity.
- Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- Industry Licensing
- The Davis Tech Hair Designer program provides students with the necessary skills to begin employment in their selected field. Students who complete their program will be prepared to take the following Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing exams:
- Hair Designer
- Placement Rates
No Data - New Program
NOTE: Placement data is represented as reported to the Council on Occupational Education in the most recent annual report.
- Utah Job Outlook and Work Requirements
- Hairdresser, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists
- Verify you meet program Admissions Requirements
- Complete the Davis Tech Admissions Application and New Student Orientation
- Pay the $45.00 fee to the cashier in Student Services
- Take the admissions assessment in the Davis Tech Assessment Center in Student Services
- Meet with an Enrollment Technician in Student Services
- Begin class