Go to www.GED.com to create an account and:
- Review online study materials
- Take GED® practice tests
- Schedule and pay for your GED® tests
- Review Score reports
- Request Transcripts
- Research information on GED® testing and studying
You can study one subject at a time, and take one GED® test at a time. Try the GED Ready™ the official practice test, to see if you’re ready to take the official GED® test – the best predictor of your likely success. Most people who pass the GED® test spend 30-60 days to study and complete all four tests.
The Davis Technical College is an approved-GED® Testing site. Students can select Davis Tech as the location to take their GED® Test.
- Testing is available on the following days and times:
- Monday 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
When you’re ready, go to www.GED.com to schedule your test. You can schedule one test at a time or more tests at a time. Note: Davis Tech cannot schedule these tests, you must go directly through the GED® website.
Government-issued photo ID is required at the time of testing.
What topics are on the test?
Each subject tests your skills and knowledge in different topics
- Math - Quantitative & algebraic problem solving
- Science - Life science, physical science, earth and space science
- Social Studies - Civics and government, U.S. history, economics, geography and the world
- Reasoning Through Language Arts - Ability to read closely, write clearly, and edit and understand written text
How long with it take?
Each test is a different length
- Math 115 minutes
- Science 90 minutes
- Social Studies 70 minutes
- Reasoning Through Language Arts 150 minutes
How much does it cost?
- Each subject costs $30 to test
- Pay for one subject at a time
- Retake your test at a discount rate if you don't pass first time
What types of questions are on the test?
The GED® test is made up of the following types of questions
- Multiple choice
- Drag and drop
- Hot spot (select an area)
- Fill in the blank
- Short answer
- Extended response
Download a printable version of the GED® Test Question Preview
The GED® scoring is as follows:
- Below 100-144
- Passing Score 145-164
- College‐Ready 165-174
- College‐Ready and higher 175-200
Scores are available within 24 hours of testing and can be accessed by logging into your GED® account.