School of Business & IT
School of Construction
School of Health Professions
School of Manufacturing
School of Service Professions
School of Transportation
Request a Tour!
The Dental Assisting program provides students with the skills necessary for entry level employment in a variety of dental settings. Students will study terminology and the science behind dentistry, obtaining and recording medical and dental histories, as well as gathering vital signs of patients, instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control, and provide pre- and post-operative instructions as prescribed by a dentist. Students will also set up instrument trays; sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment; expose diagnostic dental radiographs; make dental impressions and study casts; clean and polish the coronal portion of the teeth; and apply topical fluorides to strengthen teeth. Administrative instruction includes scheduling appointments, receiving payments, completing insurance forms and maintaining patient records.
The Dental Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611-2678. The Commission’s web address is: http://www.ada.org/en/coda.
Because this program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA), completion of this program will prepare you to take the Certification for Dental Assistants examination sponsored by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. Students who successfully pass the exam become Certified Dental Assistants.
Adult College Admission Fee
Student Tuition and Fees
Estimated Books and Materials *
Certificate Processing Fee
Paid upon program completion
* NOTE: Textook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identify.
- Program Length
- 1200 hours (13 months)
- Main Campus
- Open Enrollment, Year-Round
|8am - 11am||Mo||Tu||We||Th||Fr||—|
|12pm - 3pm||Mo||Tu||We||Th||Fr||—|
|NOTE: Post Secondary students only. High school students may enroll for the Chairside Dental Hygiene Assistant training.|
- Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- Industry Certifications
- The Davis Tech Dental Assisting program provides students with the necessary skills to begin employment in their selected field. Students who complete their program will be prepared to take the tests for the following certifications:
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Certified Dental Assisting (CDA)
- Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing R156-69-604 Radiology Certification
- Placement Rates
NOTE: Placement data is represented as reported to the Council on Occupational Education in the most recent annual report.
- Utah Job Outlook and Work Requirements
- Dental Assistants
- Verify you meet program Admissions Requirements
- Complete the Davis Tech Admissions Application and New Student Orientation
- Pay the $45.00 fee to the cashier in Student Services
- Take the admissions assessment in the Davis Tech Assessment Center in Student Services
- Meet with an Enrollment Technician in Student Services
- Begin class